Student Video Submission
The Student Video Submission process is a way for students to share videos assigned in class with faculty.
Submitting your content to the Mediaflo Dropbox
Your professor will provide you with a link to the Mediaflo Dropbox. Follow the steps below to submit your content.
- Click the link for the Mediaflo Dropbox. The Mediaflo Dropbox will appear in a new window.
- Enter your first name and last name as appears on your Texas State ID.
- In the [Email] text field, enter your Texas State email address.
- Add a [Content Title] for the content you are submitting. Be as descriptive as possible with the title of your content.
For example, if the content is a video demonstrating the process of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the Content Title could be "How to make a PBJ Sandwich".
IMPORTANT: Do not use special characters in the title of the video. See below for examples:
@ # $ % ^ & *
- In the [Description] text field, enter a short description of the content.
For example, if the content is a video demonstrating the process of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the Description could be as follows:
This is a video demonstrating the process of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This was submitted as a part of Assignment 1 for Dr.Collins' TXST 101.001 course.
- If desired, add Keywords to your content. Keywords are separated by commas.
- Drag and drop your media file into the [Drag file here.] box or click [Add file] to upload your file with the navigation menu.
- Click [Start Upload] to begin the upload process.
NOTE: When uploading content, make sure you have a stable high-speed internet connection. Avoid using a cellular connection to upload content.
NOTE: If uploading from a mobile device, you may be required to allow your browser to access media and the microphone on your device.
- Wait for the file to finish uploading.
- When the file has finished uploading, you will be directed to a Thank you page. The file upload is not complete until you are directed to this page.
Copyright law is something you should be concerned about. Fortunately, Stephanie Towery, the University Copyright officer is here to help. The Copyright LibGuide, linked below, is a great place to start. Stephanie's contact information is available in the guide if you can't find the info you are looking for.
Below is a link to the Copyright LibGuide.
You will use the Dropbox to submit your media files no less than 24 hours before the due date of your assignment to allow for processing time. If your assignment is due in less than 24 hours, please submit your content and then contact your professor for further instruction.
Large files may experience significantly long upload times. When submitting media through the Dropbox, the computer must remain on, logged in, and connected to the internet. Wireless and cellular internet connections are not recommended.
When uploading media to the Dropbox file size and type are important factors.
The Dropbox will not accept files larger than 20gb. Large files may experience significantly long upload times.
The Dropbox supports a variety of content types. The most common content types accepted are:
Video Audio MP4 WAV MOV MP3 WMV M4A AVI WMA MPG MTS VOB
You will not be able to access your content after submission. If you need to view your submitted content, please contact your professor.
If you are receiving an error while trying to play Mediaflo content, please make sure you are using a supported system and browser.
Below is a link to our Compatible OS & Browsers page.
If you have checked to make sure you computer is up-to-date and compatible, and you are still experiencing issues, please contact Mediaflo support.
If you have questions about the due date, content you should upload, or assignment in general, please contact your professor.
If you have questions about Mediaflo please contact Mediaflo support.