Before Adding New Media
Have a collection of content for a course or project?
This content is best organized in a dedicated Mediaflo library. If your content is for a specific project or course and you do not have a Mediaflo library for that purpose, you can request an additional Mediaflo library.
Users with Multiple Libraries
If you have access to multiple organizations and libraries, please confirm that you are in the correct organization and library before uploading content.
To change libraries in Mediaflo:
Select the proper organization from the drop-down menu at the top-center of the page.
Select the proper library from the drop-down menu at the top-right of the page.
Once you are in the proper Mediaflo library, you may start add new media to the library.
To Add New Media to the Library:
- Click [+Add].
- Enter a title.
- Enter a description and other information (metadata) that characterizes your media. This includes, keywords, copyright acknowledgements, and credits.
NOTE: When adding credits [+Add Credit] to save the data.
- Click [Continue].
- If it is not selected, choose "Audio/Video" from the [Options] drop-down menu at the top of the page
- Click [Add file] to select a media file from your computer, or drag and drop your media into the [Drag file here] box.
- Click [Start Upload]. Once your content has been uploaded (status bar reaches 100%), you may advance to next step.
NOTE: As your content moves through the conversion process, you will see a series of messages, such as Waiting Conversion, Pending Conversion, Converting, Converted Successfully, Generating Thumbnails, and Ready. When Ready appears, your media is ready for review and publishing.
- Click [Continue].
- Publishing allows the content to be shared with others. If you are not ready to publish your media, you may leave this page, otherwise click [Publish].
To learn more about publishing content, please visit Publish Media.
Compatible File Types
To determine if your file is compatible with Mediaflo, please visit Compatible File Types.